Mothers Day poems


Every year when asked what I really wanted for Mother's Day .... a clean house - dishes done, & loving, well behaved kids!!! I also loved my kid-made gifts ... one of a kind & priceless! Even though my 'Baby Boy' & family sent me beautiful plant (THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH) I still am waiting for one of his poems! Happy Mom's Day to all the Moms & special love & comfort to those who have lost their priceless gifts from God!

To All Mothers on your day:
You painted no Madonnas On chapel walls in Rome, But with a touch diviner
You lived one in your home. You wrote no lofty poems That critics counted art,
But with a nobler vision
You lived them in your heart. You carved no shapeless marble
To some high-souled design,
But with a finer sculpture You shaped this soul of mine.
You built no great cathedrals
That centuries applaud,
But with a grace exquisite Your life cathedraled God. Had I the gift of Raphael, Or Michelangelo, Oh, what a rare Madonna My mother's life would show! --Thomas W. Fessenden Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertainment
planetusa.us
we are in
Top Elite - The Most Popular (Yet Clean!) Sites on the Web
Arsenal News & Transfers
My Zimbio
Top Stories Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers